PAPER FOIL WET LAMINATION ADHESIVE
FR 325 is a water-based resin emulsion adhesive used for wet lamination on variety of films to paper/duplex board. It is recommended for laminations that require good heat resistance. The product displays excellent film clarity and bond strength.
- One component.
- High mileage.
- High heat resistance.
- Excellent film clarity.
- Compatible with commonly used (non-ionic type) wetting agents and defoamers
FR 325 is recommended for following lamination structures.
- Clear film (PET, BOPP) to printed paper/duplex board.
- Metalized film (PET, BOPP) to unprinted paper/duplex board.
- BOPP to printed paper/duplex board.
- BOPP to printed paper/duplex board followed by UV coating.
Typical Physical properties
|Appearance||Milky white emulsion|
|Solid (% NVC, at 105°C/3 hrs)||42±1|
|Viscosity (by B4 cup)||16-18 secs.|
Recommended Application Guidelines
FR 325 is used by wet bond lamination process for rigid packaging applications. It may be applied via gravure or smooth roller coaster
Adhesive coating weight(dry)         5-6 gsm
Nip pressure                                   2-4 Kg/cm
Curing time( after lamination)         24 hours (minimum)
Mix well before use. It is recommended that adhesive be mixed well prior to use to help ensure product uniformity
Drain the adhesive from the cylinder, pan, and reservoir into the container and if required, dispose as per local, state and federal regulation. Do not allow machine wet parts to dry out, immediately rinse with tap water to remove the bulk of the adhesive residue followed by further cleaning with IPA/Ethyl Acetate or other suitable solvent to remove any further residue
Safety, handling and storage
- Store in cool, dry, well ventilated area.
- Protect from freezing.
- Container once opened must be closed tightly to prevent contamination.
- Do not mix other products without consulting technical team.
- Stocks should be used on a first in first out basis.
- Wash thoroughly after handling.
- Wash contaminated goggles, face shield and gloves.
- Do not reuse empty container without professional cleaning.