FROLIC SRA is a synthetic rubber-based adhesive specially designed for industrial segment. It exhibits excellent bonding strength. The adhesive dries to a tough, flexible film with good resistance to water and aging. This adhesive can be applied by brush, or roller coater.
- Benzene free - Non-hazardous to health.
- Exhibits excellent strength.
- Preferred by the users dealing only in quality works.
FROLIC SRA is used to bond variety of substrates in:
- Galvanized steel, chip board, PU sheet, leather, leather board.
- Painted metal, mild steel, glass, synthetic fabrics.
- Cementous flooring, GRP, Rigid PVC board, etc. which are encountered in automotive, railway, vehicle building, construction & electrical areas of ship-building and many other industries. .
Typical Physical properties
|Solid (% NVC, at 105°C/3 hrs)||40±1|
|Viscosity (by B4 cup)||20-25 poise|
|Flash point||0˚c to 4˚c|
|Specific gravity at 30˚c||0.85-.90|
|Tack Retention time||45 minutes|
- Stir well before use till the contents are homogeneous.
- Prepare the surface properly to get optimum & consistent results. To be used on the surfaces that are dry and free from dust, dirt, oil & grease, mould release agent and other contaminants.
- Uniformly apply the adhesive on both the substrates to be bonded by brush or appropriate applicator. Apply second coat to the porous substrates after 5-10 minutes of first coat.
- Let it dry for 15-20 minutes at room temperature. After drying, the adhesive exhibits tack. The finger test can be used as it has proven itself to be a reliable method of judging the OPEN-TIME. Whereas this time only serves as a rough indication, variance may occur due to temperature, relative humidity, type of substrates etc.
- In the finger test the adhesive must feel dry but tacky. The substrates bonded after prolonged open-time & in the absence of tack may result in inferior coalescence & bond strength.
- The span between Drying-time & Tack Retention Time is called OPEN-TIME. After appropriate OPEN-TIME, bring both the substrates together, align them properly and press firmly to obtain a uniform contact pressure. The bonded components need not be kept under pressure fixture.
- Rest the surface for 24hrs to 48hrs after application as the full bond strength builds up further after that.
Approx. 250-350gms per square meter on non-porous substrates. However, coverage quantity may vary on porous substrates like wood, leather etc.
Drain the adhesive from the cylinder, pan, and reservoir into the container and if required, dispose as per local, state and federal regulation. Do not allow machine wet parts to dry out, immediately rinse with tap water to remove the bulk of the adhesive residue followed by further cleaning with IPA/Ethyl Acetate or other suitable solvent to remove any further residue.
Safety, handling and storage
- Store in cool, dry, well ventilated area.
- Protect from freezing.
- Container once opened must be closed tightly to prevent contamination.
- Do not mix other products without consulting technical team.
- Stocks should be used on a first in first out basis.
- Wash thoroughly after handling.
- Wash contaminated goggles, face shield and gloves.
- Do not reuse empty container without professional cleaning.
The data, information and suggestion contained in this literature are given purely as a recommended guide, based on our study and experience. It is recommended that prospective users verify the sustainability of the product for their intended application to their satisfaction.